Aravind Adiga is an Indo-Australian writer whose debut novel “The White Tiger” won the Man Booker Prize in 2008. The novel is beautifully written which is full of sarcasm and satire. It is based on exploring the truth of life in India from a perspective of a common man. It doesn’t matter whether you are an Indian or a foreigner, if the word “India” excites you in any way, you need to give this book a try.
Here’re the five reasons to read this book.
- If you are an Indian– I couldn’t find any other reason best suited for point one than this. If you are an Indian – no matter from which region, rich or poor, Hindu or Muslim, You will definitely enjoy this novel. You will not be able to control saying “Dude, You got it right” every now or then while reading the book. Book is a naked truth of India.
- You want to know how life was in and around Delhi in early days. – Not the independence struggle days but after that – when the Delhi was being built.
- You love contract – I am sure you would surely be shocked by the contract between the beginning and the end of the book.
- You like to see how life changes people – We all know life and time changes people but how badly can it change them sometimes. How the circumstances make a man do which he few years he was totally against.
- You want to get a touch of new style of writing – Adiga has written the book in a whole new style. Check out to see.
Buy it on Amazon India
Meditating Ninja at your service.